Common Queries and Questions about Drones (UAV), what we use and our flights.
Licenced Commercial drone pilot!
- We are the first class that graduated, have taken all the exams and successfully passed the first level (CRL1)!
The first "official" RPAS class took place in Limassol, Cyprus at Photoshine RATO. Three completed and passed the exams.
Update: Again we are the first to have passed (Dec. 2016) the next higher level of examinations and are now class 2 rated (CRL2)!
Only Three passed these exams!
What we use.
- We use a Quadcopter made mostly from plastic parts (apart from the 4 motors) and weighs under 1.4Kg
- Our latest drone uses a 5-direction obstacle sensing and 4-direction obstacle avoidance system. Also has redundancy of 2 IMU, 2 Compass and 2 GPS, making it one of the safest on the market!
How we fly and what we record.
- It has a range of 7 km and although we use a First Person View, we always have our drone in sight.
- Max permitted flight height is 120 meters, unless we request a NOTAM by the civil aviation.
- Our team consists of a UAV operator, Photographer, Observer, Ground Video and will be used according to the job required.
- We record video in full HD up to 4K (4096 x 2160) and take photos at a max of 5460 x 3640 in RAW or JPG format with a 20-megapixel sensor.
- We DO NOT fly over military stations, airports or any sensitive areas.
- We also do not fly in rain or very windy conditions.
Are photos, videos or part of any footage for sale?
- Yes, you may choose from our photos and we will send them in digital JPG format to you with our watermark in the lower corner.
- Video footage is also available to choose from and again we shall send it to you in the available full HD MP4 format.
- Any footage will be sent after payment is confirmed!
- All rights reserved unless stated otherwise in written.
About drones in general
- Drones come in Quad, Hex, Octacopters etc.
- A small quadcopter caries a camera that cannot zoom in to objects and people.
- There is no way you will not hear this if its anywhere close to you or your premises to take any close shots.